My pet cat scratched my neighbor's baby girl

I neighbor was really really mad and I tried to appologize but she won't accept it. What should I do?

userpanda1

Asked by userpanda1 at 7:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pets

• she should watch her daughter around your cat...you appologized...not much else you can do.
    Anonymous

• I agree with anonymous. She should have watched her daughter closely. You can't really predict what a cat is going to do minute after minute so it's not like you could've said to your cat, "don't scratch baby". Cats are unpredictable.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:14 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• It is on her! She needs to watch her child better!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 7:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I would call, apologize again, and see how her baby is. Chances are she will have calmed down.

Sometimes, when our babies get hurt, we flip . .. mama bear comes out. That could have been what you witnessed, and maybe mama will be able to feel calmer when some time has passed.

I am so sorry that happened.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Im curious HOW the girl came in contact with your cat.
    I think I would need to know the circumstances before i could comment.
    Anonymous

• maybe you shouldn't apologize anymore, just let her calm down.
    the thing is, when you apologize you apologize it often can be considered a admission of guilt. It could get ugly.
    Anonymous

• Well anonymous her daugther was touching my cat's ear and I guess her mom thought it was okay

userpanda1

Comment by userpanda1 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Nothing much you can do now. My sister has two cats which hate kids for some reason. Well my daughter got scratched that day, i got upset but i knew that i should have been aware of what my daughter was doing to the cat. So it's not your fault. :)
    Sammie-89

Answer by Sammie-89 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Well, there are a few things. Did you know your cat didn't like its ears being touched? If you know the cat doesn't like kids or babies you should have either warned her to keep the baby away or put the cat somewhere away from the baby. On the other hand, parents should ALWAYS realize when they are around animals (even animals they know) the animals may scratch, bite or worse. All you can do is apologize. And there is a point where you need to stop. You can't go on and on apologizing for something you really have no control over!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• how old was the baby girl and when she grabbed your cats ear did she grab an pull it? if that was the case then the cat is not at fault. if i was your cat i would do the same thing.
    mommymommy30

Answer by mommymommy30 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2011