Do you eat with flax seed?

What do you put it in/on?

I just bought some bc I heard that it's good for you. I need some ideas please!!

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 7:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• you can put it in yogurt.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm not home at the moment...so I can't remember all the uses for it..but yes, I use it. You can substitute 3tbp of that with water and use instead of an egg. Look on the box, there may be some ideas on it.
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I use it in lots of things! Any kind of batter or mix gets some, salads, oatmeal, smoothies, etc.
    Be aware that it should be ground in order to get the most benefit out of it. The omega-3s are locked inside, and if you eat the seeds whole, you rarely chew them enough to release the good stuff inside. Same goes for the fiber they add.
    Great way to add some nutrition to your diet!
    I also add wheat germ and bee pollen to my oatmeal and smoothies.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• people usually put it in oatmeal or yogurt. i just take flaxseed oil
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• no but i do chia seeds, they are high in protein, fiber and omegas, and can go on or in just about anything, including drinks.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Music what is the best way to crush it?
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 1:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You can use a food processor or a mortar and pestle, but you can also buy ground flax, just be sure to store it in the fridge once it's opened. Make sure that if you grind it all, put it in a sealed bag in the fridge.
    Chia seeds are also great, and they don't require crushing. Equally high in omega-3s and soluble fiber.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I just grind mine in the blender and store in a glass jar in the fridge. I add it to cereal, yogurt, salads, even eggs sometimes!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Thank you ladies!!!
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Jun. 9, 2011