Beginning of the end??

We all know about the end of the world next year Dec 23 2012. I a up in the air about that. But when I think of everything that has happened just this year alone make me wonder...
The 1st was haiti's earthquake that killed 220,000 people ther only disaster in over 100 yrs to kill so many people. Then there is Japan who had a 9.5 earthquake and their nuke plant is/was in danger of a major meltdown the worst we seen since the Russia screw up back in the 80's. Then Chile earthquake. Next, we got the volcanic eruptions one in Chile and Iceland has had 2. There have been over 2100 reports of tornados this year, and its only June. Now early this morning Missouri had a 4.2 earthquake. Now al over the world has civil unrest with deadly results. Is it just me? Am I imagining things that are not there?? Or do u think the God is testing us?? What do ya'll think??

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Religious Debate

• You're not exactly correct on this one. The 2012 date was the end of their long count calendar which was a combination of their Tzolkin (yearly calendar)

You ever think it stops their cause they got bored. Or maybe they realised one day abunch of people would freak out about it. Shoot if I lived back then I would do it just to screw with people.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 9, 2011

• The very day you are born is the beginning of the end of your life.
    Each day you live you are closer to the day you die.
    So with that in mind... sure... it is the beginning of the end.
    Anonymous

• Nothing you mentioned is anything new. There are thousands of disasters, wars through out history. I'm sure there is always someone that thinks its a sign of the end every time.
    Trinity001

Answer by Trinity001 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• the earth is a living thing...these things have been happening and will continue happening..nothing new.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I don't believe God is behind these things, or that they indicate the "end of the world". Like others have said, this kind of thing isn't new, we've had earthquakes and tsunamis for as long as there has been an earth for them to happen on.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• There is absolutely nothing new! Every day there are earthquakes. Every year there are tornadoes. Every day there are floods... People die EVERY DAY! It's got nothing to do with God's plan or some test... It's just how nature works. SOME of these issues are setting records that have been around for 100 or more years, but we have only been keeping track for 100 or so years. There have been huge disasters (look at Pompeii) for THOUSANDS of years. So who's to say we are really setting any records? Plus, you have to look at this practically. We are taking up more of the earth than ever before. It would be hard for a tornado or large earthquake to hit and not kill or at least injure hundreds, if not thousands. It's the sardine affect... The more people in a small place the more damage is done when something happens to that place... It's not divine, it's basic math.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Haven't we learned anything from the past May 21'st date?

Natural diseasters are always happening, always have been...always will be. It's the way of Mother Nature. we just hear about every single event now b/c we've become media addicts.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 7:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Didn't you hear? The end of the world is this October. May was the "rapture" when everyone was judged and good little Christians were taken away, if you're still here you didn't make the cut. Sorry.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think the Earth will exist for several million more years. The 2012 "end of the world" thing was pushed into the media by the fact that the movie waa going to come out on the theaters and they wanted to sell a bunch of tickets.
    You DO know about the movie with John Cusack,right? LOL.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Ok I am just going to throw this out there. Think what you will but this is how I feel. We have taken and taken and taken from the earth, the air, the lands in general and this is natures way of speaking and saying "I am taking it back" not only are natural disasters common but many times they cleanse the earth. Now, this is just my opinion but just because things happen in a row or one year it seems more storms happen or what have you more than the other year doesn't mean the end of the world is coming.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011