Advice and help please

Ok here is the deal I got a friend in Alabama, her Dh is filing for divorce and kicking her out. They have mutually decided to let each kid pick who they want to be with. And as it turns out one to each parent. So now, Dh says he will not be a dick and if she needs to stay there until she finds a place fine but she has to pay him rent. She doesn't have family anywhere really and no one to help her that can or is close. . . I would send her the money she needs in an instant but i don't have it either. . . can anyone help. . . advice would be great. She says they don't have HUD there so IDK what else. . .and she doesn't have a job right now. . .*she is looking*

Kirs

Asked by Kirs at 7:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Is this a house that they owned together? It is a marital asset and not just his. She needs to go to a lawyer and get help. Tell her to call around and get a one time free consultation. Most lawyers offer them. Also she can go to the link below and search for pro bono (free) legal help.  Tell her to look under the public resources section first.  Somewhere there should be info on pro bono help, but it may take some searching.  GL

http://www.alabar.org/

whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 7:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Maybe he would take the money that he would be paying her in child support as her rent for the time being. That might be a reach because they have not done anything legally.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• ok just searched and they do have PHA or section 8. . . can anyone help me from there. . .I dunno if it will help her but it is worth a shot.
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I dunno how their agreement is going to work out. . . I think her Dh is trying to get around paying support. . . :(
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• apartment . . thanks I will link it to her
    Kirs

Comment by Kirs (original poster) at 8:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011