Smoking?

Has anyone smoked during their pregnancy and did baby turn out fine? I know a lot of women who smoked during pregnancy and the baby was full term and fine. Instead of quitting or cutting back they actually amoked more than before they got pregnant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i think it is a form of child abuse.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 7:48 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Those are women who shouldn't be allowed to have children!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Nope and I think that is stupid. It is the same thinking as, all my friends drink and drive and nothing ever happens to them, so why can't I? Because the baby COULD be harmed or die.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I quit every time I was pregnant because I knew that's what was best for the baby
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My mom smoked with me. I was very small, and addicted to nicotine. In my teens I started smoking, and it's been a lifelong struggle. The only times I've been able to quit was when I was pregnant. I just imagined my womb filled with smoke, and I quit. It's hard a shit to quit, but I never wanted my kids to be exposed to it.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 7:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• A friend of mine tried but wasn't able to quit and her baby turned out small but fine. She didn't breastfeed though, since she was still a smoker. Very sad situation. I don't judge her for it - I know she tried really hard to quit, but some people just don't have their priorities and will-power aligned in such a way that they can do what they know they ought to do. It's sad; a baby is such a blessing, the pregnancy should be treated with a lot more reverence than that. But it doesn't help anyone to say "those people shouldn't have babies".
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 7:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My Mom smoked and we were all born very tiny. She is the only person that I have known to smoked during pregnancy.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:53 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I quit with my first one. She was the one with the breathing difficulties throughout life. I didn't with the others. All fine. In fact my last was a preemie and not due to smoking, her cord was tied in a knot which would have happened no matter what I would have done or not done. Funny, her lungs were a week further developed in gestation than she was. Reason in the NICU? Only because she was too little for the regular nursery. You can thumbs down me all you want, but I would go dollar to dollar with any of you on my health at 45 and my children's health versus the rest of you.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My mom smoked with me, I was born very early and almost died. Why would someone intentionally try to kill their baby?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 7:56 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• When I got pregnant with my daughter quiting smoking was the easiest thing I'd ever done.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011