After switching to soy formula, when should i notice improvement?

shes 1 month old. and has been not sleeping for weeks. dr said its more than likely the formula and switched her to enfamil soy. if that is the problem when should i notice a change? help!

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 7:51 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Who knows? I switched to soy with my daughter, I never saw much of a difference.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Nope. Its just smells worse and it makes there spit up smell terrible
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 8:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Newborn and sleep are generally mutually exclusive terms; normal newborns don't seem to sleep a hell of a lot unless they've finished a growth spurt and are busy growing out of their entire layette (half of which is unworn, of course).

Formula type doesn't make 'em sleep, sorry! Only TIME makes them sleep more.

Now, if she's having digestive trouble due to dairy... it takes weeks for that to clear. But some research has found that soy can be just as bad for upsetting the infant tummy. You may find yourself spinning formula roulette wheel for a while.

I seem to remember that you were breastfeeding at one point? If she's having tummy troubles, then a return to the breast may just be the best thing for that and it's possible as long as you still have at least one breast. **Smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 11:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I completely agree with gdiamante . If your little one is having tummy troubles then breast milk is by far the best. But if she was having trouble with your breast milk the you should be the one making changes to your diet- cutting out dairy and eggs first (which are the most common culprits). It will be much easier for her to process anything if it first goes through you.

meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 12:30 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Honestly my son had a little acid reflex even when we thought he had a milk allegry. but they may show that they feel better, and their tummy doesn't hurt as much to switch to soy.
    good luck to you!~
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:53 PM on Jun. 8, 2011