I'm looking for a speech therapist in queens, ny for my 3 yr old.

My 3yr old has difficulties with enunciation and doesn't speak everything clearly. I don't want to go through the school district. I rather go about it privately on my time, especially with a new baby coming soon.

I would greatly appreciate your feed back and or advice, suggestions.

Irene

rbohorquez76

Asked by rbohorquez76 at 3:39 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you could talk to your childs doctor if he/she has and ent doctor they would really know
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You can look up ECI (early childhood intervention) for your state. They usually do free evaluations in your home. They were great for my DD and very helpful!
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 3:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I took my son to his pediatrician and he referred me to the Childrens Hospital where they evaluated him, and they referred me to the school district in my area. My son got into Head Start where he is seen once a week for his speech delay. It's free.
    Going through the school district isn't a bad thing. You might be able to get him into a Head Start program. Just being around kids so often is really helping my son a lot. He goes to Head Start 4 days a week for 3 1/2 hours.
    Tired-Mom

Answer by Tired-Mom at 4:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008