This is what they say....

They say that if you feel lower back pain, a dull ache basically and pressure in your pelvis area it could be a sign of preterm labor. I've been feeling this way for a few weeks now and my doctor says its nothing to worry about. What I want to know are your opinions of what this could mean.....like for example does it mean that baby is getting ready for labor in a few weeks or is it just normal to feel this way at around 32 weeks and up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I felt that way from 30wks up! I had a ton of dull backaches and pelvic pressure my last couple months! You will know if its back labor, its intense!
    HollySebeck

Answer by HollySebeck at 8:20 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Two of my babies were born at 32 weeks and although they were in NICU for a week or so, they were fine. So firstly, it's not a huge issue if you do go into labor in the next few weeks. But I do think it's pretty normal when you're so far along, to feel that kind of pressure and aches. *hugs*
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 8:21 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm sure your doc is also looking at the big picture and doesn't see any other signs. LBP is very common later in pregnancy b/c all your ligaments are stretching and you have a lot of ligaments in your pelvis and LB that are being stressed right now!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Its very common to have back pain and pressure just as one of your pregnancy symptoms went your towards the end of your pregnancy, if your Dr isnt concerned its probably all it is, as there would be other symptoms to go with that if it was more likely to be preterm labour. Although no one knows your body like you, if the pain gets worse or you just dont feel right about it listen to your intuition and go and get checked out again.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I feel like this baby is huge lol and all of my muscles are stretched to the limit and it doesnt help that he moves 24/7. He is way more active than my daughter was. I feel like he is going to break me from the inside out
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Sounds quite normal to me. Not fun but normal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My son, also my second child, was the same way! My DD was such a lady inside... DS was ALL boy! LOL Hang in there Mom!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2011