Camping Recipe's??

We're camping out for a wedding reception, and I need 2 dinners, 1 breakfast, and snacks, etc. Any good suggestions? Need to feed 7!!!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 8:22 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• what are you cooking on... Colman stove, campfire???

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 8:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• You'll like some of these. I've stolen a few in the past.

http://bestcamprecipes.com/recipes/
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 8:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• If you are cooking outside I wrap food in tin foil and put it in the coals. I've never cooked for 7 at once, but when I cook a potato it takes about 10 minutes I believe. You can cook a lot of things this way.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• You could do Foil packet meals for the first night. I used to make them up at home and throw them in the cooler. The we would grab a bag of charcoal and voila 45 minutes later it's done. We used to take lean hamburger and mix in chopped onion, bell peppers, pepper, garlic powder and mix well. then make a patty for each person. Place patty in the middle of a heavy duty sheet of foil (Not the real wide one)18-20 inches long depending on how much other stuff you're going to add. slice some potatoesin about 1/4 inch chunks and add, throw in a few baby carrots. My boys always liked to sprinkle brown gravy mix all over theirs. I did not. Seal up. Add another layer of foil. place packet in or on coals when they are ready. Depending on the size 30 mins to an hour and it's done. Be sure to cook foil seams up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• we have a coleman stove, a campfire or a grill to work with!
    livn4hevn

Comment by livn4hevn (original poster) at 12:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Kebabs are always good and make the meat stretch a bit - any kind of protein and veggies you like. I prefer to marinate the meat before threading them to add more flavor. You can serve them with rice cooked on the camp stove or potatoes, salad...anything!
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 9:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2011