Big babies?

How moms out there have had big babies the first time around? And was your second baby bigger or about the same size? I've heard that most of the time your 2nd child is bigger than the first especially if its a boy. My daughter was 9 lbs 1 oz so I'm just curious. Also did you know that having a baby that is between 8 lbs 13 oz and 9 lbs 14 oz is an actual condition known as macrosomia.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my first was 8 lbs 11 oz. my second was 8 lbs 7 oz
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• To answer your question, yes; my second DD was bigger than my first and my third was smaller than both of them but he was born 2 weeks early at 6 pounds 9 ounces..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My babies got bigger as each one came...well sorta...my first two are twins, and the first one born was a few oz bigger, but then my third baby was bigger, and my fourth baby was even bigger than that. I didn't know about macrosomia thing, but all my babies were under 8lbs 13 oz...biggest being 8lbs 12 oz
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My first was 8 lbs 9 oz, the second was 7 lbs 1 oz and my third was 9 lbs 4oz. So they did not get bigger and bigger.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 8:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My son was 8lbs 1oz, my daughter was 7 lbs 10oz. Their heads were the same size, and he had less than an inch on her at birth.

I'd say they were the same size, all things considered.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:46 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My first was 8 lbs 9 oz boy, 2nd was a 7 lbs 14 oz boy, 3rd was a 7 lb 7 oz girl, 4th was a 8 lb 1 oz boy, 5th was a 7 lb 12 oz girl - so they were all over the place but all smaller than my first.

Answer by missanc at 9:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• my dd was 9lbs 3oz and born at 37 weeks
    my ds was 8lbs 6oz and born at 36 weeks
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2011