How do i bathe my child after a circumsion?

my son is 16 months old and the dr just circumsized him on friday and i taked to the nurse today nad somehow i have to bathe this child twice daily and i ahve to do all this witout him touching his wee wee and has to soak the nurse said she wants it to soak how do i do this ?

korysgirl123

Asked by korysgirl123 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• – collapse
    Another child mutilated!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• sponge bathe, use a damp washcloth with very little soap.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:47 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I missed the soak part, my nurse said to leave it alone til it's completely healed, then he can have regular baths.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 8:52 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Why would you soak an open wound? I'd just try to keep the area clean and do sponge baths until his penis is healed.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• @ Anonymous 1... you don't know the reasons for the circumsion and you can't even express your out-of-line judgement without being anonymous.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 9:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Uh, call and talk to the ped... I cannot understand why she would want you to soak an open would....
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:33 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i agree 100 percent ladies but those were direct instructions and daddy helped me with the first one last night he screamed but was glad it was over with now supposedly i have to do this to my poor child twice daily personally i think its messed up he should not be bathed uuntil its heeled but at the same time the junk on the penis like all the dried up vlood and stuff like that have to come off somehow idk i need advice ladies so keep it coming
    korysgirl123

Comment by korysgirl123 (original poster) at 6:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• To those who don't get the BATH instruction...I am guessing you've never had a circ'd son?

My son had a hypospadias repair and a circ. He looked terrible down there after the surgery (red and swollen). I was instructed to give him 2 BATHS a day, just so he could SOAK. Soaking was the best thing for the area. I NEVER touched his part with a washcloth or soap (for 2 - 3 weeks). He healed up WONDERFULLY.

Anonymous

• I should add, I could not start the baths for 24 HOURS.
    Anonymous

• I was given the same instructions OP. My son soaked 2 times a day for a few weeks. He never cried in the tub though. I made him luke warm baths, and kept him in for about 10 minutes. You didn't bathe him right away did you? I had to wait a day.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:30 PM on Jun. 8, 2011