Really need opinions and hopefully no bashing

So my SIL is moving out of state (insert happy dance) she treats my husband like he is a lower life form because he didn't go to college and she did (yet he holds a job takes care of his family and pays his bill not to mention drops everything when she calls for a ride) she is a selfish person who thinks the world should be handed to her on a silver platter and will walk all over anyone to get what she wants.....

Ok so here is my problem she came over to drop off her new address and told us "This is so you can send my christmas presents and wedding present (She is having her wedding in our state) and make sure you send the receipts in case i need to take anything back" This woman never buys anyone presents and the last Christmas she barged into my home and demanded her presents so she could leave and hang out with her boyfriend...this is the second christmas she has pulled this along with never even saying a thank you just whining we got her the wrong color on an item she wanted.......GRRRRR so my husband asked if she wanted our address and she just gave him a blank look "Why would i need that i can just email and talk to you"

So am i wrong in saying enough is enough and just not buying her anything else or should i suck it up and spend hard earned money on a selfish self absorbed person?

krissii

Asked by krissii at 8:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't think of spending a dime on her. What does your DH say?
    Anonymous

• I'd buy her a paci and send it for Christmas.....Here ya go, sweetheart. Merry Christmas you spoiled little baby! :P
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• WOW I would say enough is enough, she sounds extremely ungrateful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its completely different if you buy for a family member and they are so appreciative but they just arent in a good place and cant afford to buy something also, but she just seems like she is there with her hand out, I cant even imagine saying send receipts in case I need to take it back! She sounds like something else!!! Does she buy Christmas gifts for your children, her nieces or nephews at least???
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 9:03 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't. In fact if hubby decided he needs to do it. He can choose it, wrap it and mail it. I would never do this but with people like that don't you just wish you could hand them a beautifully wrapped box with nothing but a note in it that says "we got you the same thing you got us"..
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't send shit to her and I would let her know next time she behaves that way she is more than welcome to leave my home and never return...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• ooohhh grneyedgrandma i LOVE it! haha! i'd SO do that lol
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• she never buys anything for DD when our DD was born she went shopping and said i can't wait to show you what i got.....ok so we were like awesome she might have gotten little Kyleigh a present ............yeah not the case she spent 600 dollars on clothes for herself then said how she wished she'd had money to buy something but she just ran out........i'm not the kind of person who expects a present but would love a thank you or even a hello before her hand goes out and i here gimme gimme
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Phew!!! You are perfectly right in saying, "Enough is enough!" She needs a good spanking. The paci idea sounds pretty good, too. : )
    Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I would not buy her NOTHING!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:18 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• i wouldn'tget her a damn thing
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:44 PM on Jun. 7, 2011