OK Fellow Christians...

I saw this in another question and have to ask. OK We say that god is our father correct? At least every Christian I've ever met has. If this is the case would he not have the same feeling towards us as we do our children? If so then how any one thing that he allows the suffering in this world to teach us lessons? Would you ever let your child suffer to teach them a lesson?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Just as some things that happen to your children is out of our hands, it can also be out of His hands. I do not think that any suffering is FROM the hands of God, but by choices other people. Just as it is hard for us when our children are hurting, it is hard for Him when we hurt as well. Just as sometimes the only thing we can do is comfort our children, the only thing He can do is provide comfort as well.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I DO allow my child to suffer to some extent.

My child waits until the last minute to start a school project I MAKE them stay up until it is done, and wake them at the same time... they can suffer through based on THEIR choices. If they get a bad grade... I let them suffer the consequences.

I let my child suffer the consequences of their bad choices socially, grade wise, etc.

The only suffering I try to help with is the suffering which was not of their own choosing.
    Anonymous

• God doesn't let anything we can't handle come upon us. even the bible says some of our suffering is from Him, trials and tests we go through to prove our love and loyalty.
    yes God has mercy, and thankfully so, but even then sometimes we do things that have consequences.
    other things can come from the devil himself, if we're getting to close to God for satan's comfort, he will come against us. but again, God won't let the devil give us more than we can bare. we may think we can't bare something, which is why God says give him your burdens.
    while some things are just, well, life. that flat tire you get on the highway...don't blame God or Satan. it's just life. things happen.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• The only suffering I try to help with is the suffering which was not of their own choosing.

OK the topic of the question was rape. So that's the type of suffering I am referring to

God doesn't let anything we can't handle come upon us. even the bible says some of our suffering is from Him, trials and tests we go through to prove our love and loyalty.

Boy do I think we read different bibles
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 9:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I think of Father as in Creator rather than a parent- I think of a parent as being more involved in the day to day than God is-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• "God won't let the devil give us more than we can bare. "

Thats messed up.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• God does not interfere in our lives to that extent. I think to many people are discombobulated in regard to this free will thing. Just as you cannot stop your children from making crappy choices, God doesn't step in to stop you from making crappy choices.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 10:06 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

Thats messed up.

I agree I think she reads a really different bible than me.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 10:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• 1 Peter 4:12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
    13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

1 Corinthians 10:13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• oh yes and i'm hoping you have the book of Job in that bible of yours...if not then yes we are reading different bibles...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2011