Would could be wrong???

My daughter has been potty trained for 5 months now. It has been over a month since she had an accident. But all day today she has been having accidents. Hasn't used the restroom once. I don't know what is happening. She was doing so well. Does anyone have any suggestions on what it can be?

EDIT: She has a speech problem and cant talk very well. She's 3

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 9:35 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• They still got thru phases when they increase in learning and get so caught up in what they are doing that they simply hold it longer than they actually can. This results in accidents.

My 4 year old has been trained since 24 months and about every 6 months we go thru this. It just makes me remember that she is still a child and cannot be relied upon to remember to go when she needs to. You just have to tell them to go rather than ask if she has to go or they will want to keep up the activity that they are doing instead of going.

It's normal. there is nothing wrong.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:43 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Maybe she has a UTI. I would say call a dr. and have her checked out in the morning. Maybe ask her if it hurts when she has pee pees... hope everything turns out well:)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• JademomO7 is right. My son is potty trained and today he was watching Blues Clues and had an accident. I forgot that he sometimes needs to be reminded that he has to go to pee. Jademom07 is absolutely right.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• UTI or what Jade said.. All my kids went through stages where they "forgot" they had to go until it was too late..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Ask her if there is a problem. Maybe something happened at the potty that has her upset or anything in general anywhere could make her upset enough to not go. I dont know cant even get mine to start going on the potty so we're still in diapers *sigh* hope you figure it out.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 9:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• How old is she?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 9:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• She has a speech problem and cant talk very well.
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 9:37 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• 3
    mommy_of_two388

Comment by mommy_of_two388 (original poster) at 9:42 PM on Jun. 7, 2011