Do you think this world has gone mad with...

their traditional ways? It seems like if you choose to do anything out of what is "suppose" to be right people will constantly say something. To me this world has a lot of F'd up "traditional" "normal" ways anyway so why is it you choose to do something different it's a never ending battle? I'm not going to go in to detail but i'm sure you al can think of some things anyway..There's no need for me to list.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Quite the opposite. I think too many new and weird-ass things are being forced upon normal people to accept.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Nothing has to be a battle. Do what you want and forget the rest of the world. When everyone thinks what they do is right and wants everyone else to do the same, they tend to shove it down everyone elses' throats. I don't understand this concept. It's that way with alot of chit. I had a guy who was my friend. I didn't know he was gay and it made no difference to me, until he tried to tell me every detail of his life. I said, "I don't go around telling my straight friends what I do every day, and vice versa, why do you feel the need to shove it down my throat"? That's crazy. I live how I want and shut the rest of the world out. If my family don't like it, then they don't have to visit me. If someone sticks their nose in my business, I shut them out, turn around and walk away.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 3:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I agree with the OP in that people seem to beat their head against a brick over and over again for the sake of tradition or because that has always how it has been done. I believe people are afraid of change and that they would rather do what is familiar even if it is to their own detrament to do so. Stupidity is when you keep doing the same things over and over again but hoping for a different result. Tradition does have its place but so does change. Change can be very good and also the good thing about if that doesn't work - you can CHANGE it.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• There have always been people challenging what the majority thinks of as "traditional". There was a time when everyone thought candles were traditional, until the lightbulb came along. Everyone thought horses were AWESOME, until locomotives were invented. It's crazy to think that 100 years ago, women couldn't vote.

There will always be someone out there pushing the boundaries of what's traditional and what's not. There will also always be someone out there pushing for stuff to stay the same. The only things that change is the situations :D
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I think it goes both ways. I tend to be traditional, but I would never insist that people do things the way that I do them but sometimes I feel that people who are not so traditional insist that I do things their way.
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 4:12 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Stupidity is when you keep doing the same things over and over again but hoping for a different result.

Just because I do traditional things does not make me stupid!!
    KathMW

Answer by KathMW at 4:14 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• That's funny because as a traditional, conservative woman, I tend to feel that the world is LOSING it's traditional values and morals.
    Anonymous

• I agree! I think we have become a society of permissiveness, with very little accountability or responsibility. Traditional things like finishing your education, establishing a career or trade, building solid relationships, getting married, and THEN having children, and being able to financially provide for said child(ren), and not expecting others to do so (government programs, grandparents, daycare, etc.) has become passe, and I think it's high time we as a society reintroduce some of those traditional values.

I'd love to hear someone argue WHY it's "okay" to NOT be the absolute best you can be and instill those values in your children.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I TOTALLY DISAGREE WITH THE OP.. THE WORLD HAS BEEN FORCED TO ACCEPT ANY AND ALL BEHAVIOR NO MATTER HOW PERMISSIVE,,HURTFUL,,WRONG,, DEGRADING,,IMMORAL,
    THERE ARE NO SUCH THING AS BOUNDARIES......CHILD ABUSE IS ACCEPTED.....TO THE POINT THAT PARENTS CAN'T SPANK THEIR OWN CHILDREN IN PUBLIC.....NO-ONE ACCEPTS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEMSELVES OR THEIR OWN FAMILIES.......WE HAVE LOST ALL CONTACT WITH THE MORALS OF OUR SOCIETY........
    HoneysCeCe

Answer by HoneysCeCe at 8:51 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• i agree with the anon that was the first thing that came into my mind. i watch wife swap and think that they all have weird ways and think why can't they be more traditional and have values and morals that used to make this world a better place to live in then what it has become lately. hard worked kept them from having to much time on their hands, no drugs were tolerated and every ones word could be trusted as their word. today things are thrown at us that we should accept like being gay.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008