WHY DO I STILL THINK OF MY PAST?

I'M CRRENTLY ENGAGE AND I KNOW I SHOULDNT BE THINKING ON MY PAST BUT AT TIMES I DO. I BEEN WITH MY EX FOR EIGHT YRS AND I HAVE A KID WITH HIM COULD THIS JUST BE MY MIND PLAYING TRICKS OR I STILL HAVE FEELINGS FOR HIM WHAT WOULD YOU SAY?

mystery8307

Asked by mystery8307 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I am sure you still have feelings for him. Maybe now that you're about to get married you are having second thoughts. If so, don't get married.

dmr73059

Answer by dmr73059 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• You might still have feelings for your ex and this might be your subconscious letting you know. But I am getting married and sometimes I think what if I am making the wrong choice or I even this about how my life might be if I wasn't engaged and having children. I think that it is time that you look into your heart and see what is in there.

styhmMommy

Answer by styhmMommy at 10:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Its possible that you may still have feelings for your ex. It really depends. How long have you been seperated from him? When did you get engaged? You could just be nervous. Deciding to get married and planning to spend the rest of your life with some one is a huge step and shouldnt be taken lightly. Being nervous before you get married is common and understandable. Thinking of your past at a time like this is also understandable because you are worried if you are making the right choice and your mind is trying to figure it out based on past experiences. Another thing, you and your ex were together for 8 years and have a kid together. He is a huge part of your past and you will always have some feelings for him because of it. You just need to figure out what exactly those feelings are if you think its more than just a past affection because of your history together.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• what smg1120 said
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 11:17 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Make sure you are ready to devote 100% to your current man its ok to think of your past
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 7:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Go with your gut. Dont over think it. Remember why you two arent together...what were the reasons? Why are you with your current man?
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 9:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Memories are just that Memories. He is an ex for a reason.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I did the same thing when I was pregnant with my fiance at the times baby and my ex husband. Turns out that my feels were a sign that I wasn't really committed to my fiance and that I needed to get out. Try to figure out what it is about your ex that is making you think about him and what it is about your current SO that is making you think about your ex more. You might need to sit down and really think about what is going on in your heart. MissyNewMama is right. Go with your gut.
    VegasJellyFish

Answer by VegasJellyFish at 10:06 AM on Jun. 8, 2011