What time did you get up for admissions?

I was told that if I wanted my child to be placed in the nearest school that I should start thinking on getting in line, literally. There is only one day for admissions and the school has the policy of "first come first served". I was even told that I should wake up as early as 4am to be first on line. How was your experience on getting your child in Kindergarten?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• For preK in my old town we got there @ and we were like 94th in line and they only take 120 kids. For my son we got there at 10P the night before and we were #4 in line.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:49 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• WOW..I've never heard of anything like that. Kindergarteners are enrolled in and around May at a designated time all day long...no one has ever been turned away. It's mostly done by town, each little town has their own elementary school, but if you would rather your child go to another one they generally allow it
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Is this a PUBLIC SCHOOL? Your child cannot be turned away from the school in their district. I registered my DD for K in March, HOWEVER, you can register anytime up to the start of the school year. Some register after, if they have just moved to the area.

I can understand an enrollment MAX for PRE K. They should not be able to have a K MAX.
    Anonymous