I had gestation dibeties for my first pregnancy, if I eat healthy from the start for my second pregnancy will I have it too?

It's horrible to have go thru the poking and testing everyday again if I get pregnant. Anyone had GD on your first pregnancy and not have it on your second? How can I prevent it happening? Thanks

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Every Pregnancy is different I didn't have GD for my 1st but I did for my 2nd. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I'm no dr, and I don't have a CLEAR answer about prevention... but I do know that you can get it during one pregnancy and not another... happened to people I know. Some had it for their first, other's for their 2nd. I do know it is more LIKELY if you've had it before, so I don't think you can do anything special to prevent it... Also weight / diet may or may not help. A friend of mine, a dancer, who ate very healthy and was at at ideal weight, still got it... Talk to your dr/midwife
    mlivlee

Answer by mlivlee at 10:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Every pregnancy is different but it should wouldn't hurt to go ahead and start eating a healthy low sugar diet now.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:11 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• *'sure wouldn't' that should say.
    But_Mommie

• i KNOW A PERSON WHO GOT IT WHILE PREGNANT AND STILL HAS IT YEARS LATER.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:16 PM on Jun. 7, 2011