What can i take aboard on a plane???

me and my family are planning a trip in august and wanted to know if i can bring a gps, curling iron, straightner, my laptop, and i wanted to use the space bags so i can take more thins with me. can any one help me???

cataquiroz24

Asked by cataquiroz24 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Travel

• You can take a laptop with you on board, but things like the hair stuff and the GPS should be packed into your suitcase as checked in luggage. Be very careful about things like scissors or other small metal items in your carry-on bag: those things NEED to be in your checked in luggage. If you're travelling with children, take coloured pencils and paper, small books, finger-puppets, and other small toys to keep them amused.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:15 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• u are only safe with a lap top. u can bring almost nothing on flights these days.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Check with your airline if you are unsure.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:06 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I brought my Garmin with me on my last trip. I also just took a carry on and then flat rate box mailed home stuff to avoid the baggage fees.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:41 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You can take almost anything in your carry-on luggage as long as it's not sharp, guns, etc (scissors, etc must be packed in your suitcase in hold baggage). You can take your GPS in your carry-on. We always take ours with us and we keep it with us at all times. We never put it in out suitcase, we don't want it stolen. Yes, anyone can go through your bags once it leaves your hands. If you're packing toiletries in your carry-on be sure they are travel size (no more than 4 oz) and all items must be in a see-thru quart size ziploc type bag. You have to have this out and ready to be inspected before boarding. Once through security you can take bottled water and food on board, but before you go through security you can't take liquids of any kind. We've taken our cameras, laptops, etc in our hand luggage. Curling irons, flat iron, hair dryers... all okay.
    travellingmom20

Answer by travellingmom20 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• I would suggest not using space bags. If anything looks suspicious, or they just randomly choose to pull you aside to inspect your items they will empty your bags completely! Just try cramming all that stuff back in there in those bags in enough time to make your flight or a connection if you don't have much time. Not a good idea. Oh, and any medication you take must be in the original container with lable/prescription on the bottle. And you have to have that out going through security as well. If you don't, they'll pull your bag aside and take everything out to inspect it. Had it happen to me when my daughter was on Miralax. I completely forgot to take it out and put it on the conveyor belt. They tore my bag apart... ugh! They have an entire list of things that aren't allowed on each airlines website. Check it out. It's really helpful and will probably mention some things I have forgotten. Good luck with your trip!
    travellingmom20

Answer by travellingmom20 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2011