Do you get help?

Do you get help from family members ?? Do they buy you stuff for the baby?? diapers.. clothes..etc.

because we (me and my dh )have to buy everything for our daughter

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 10:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• josiesmommy... The awards for mother of the year were given out last week... sorry if you missed the sign up because you obviously would have won!!

No, we don't get a lot of help from our family (they live a few hours away) but they did give us gifts for baby showers/birth/ and random surprise outfits in the mail.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:30 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• no, we don't get help. we planned on having our children at a time where we could be responsible enough to care for them on our own
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:26 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No we didn't.. My parents bought clothes, toys etc for birthdays and holidays but never "just because".. I don't think parents should expect others to help regularly unless you are really down on your luck..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• No, we have six kids and never had a baby shower or any baby-sitting or stuff bought for any of our kids. I wouldn't expect it, anyway, it was our decision to have kids, they are our joy and blessing, why should we expect others to provide for them?
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:29 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• We did with our first because they were sooo excited on both sides for the first baby. After that, not so much and that was totally ok! We did not expect help with any of the children.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• I should clarify...they bought clothes and our parents bought one big furniture item each. All of the other stuff was on us!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:32 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• we did at our baby shower and my mom is always buying something for my dd but other then that we do it all! which is fine for me cuz im really weird about stuff my dd has so i like to control wat comes in my home! we planned our dd so we were ready to take care of her and didnt really need any help and i really didnt want help! im to much of a control freak!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• wow... i am not saying i expect anything from anyone we are perfectly capable of providing for our daughter...it was just a question..alot of parents i know have family members bringing them stuff on a weekly basis...i was just wondering if its normal..

& im glad you are perfect. go you.
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 10:34 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• thanks everyone else for their feedback..& not acting like i am an irresponsible parent
    Emmajosmommy

Comment by Emmajosmommy (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Who said anything about being perfect.. I'm confused now.. Yes, I saw it as just a question and I gave my opinion oin it.. I don't think anyone should "expect" others to provide for their children.. Gifts are something totally different KWIM..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 10:39 PM on Jun. 7, 2011