who bathes with their baby and is this possible??

i take a bath with my 9 month old.. i just feel safer with me in there with him while he plays.. but this might be a stupid question. but if he pee's (which what babies don't pee while their in the bath...) or poops can that give me some sort of infection??

krazyash023

Asked by krazyash023 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Urine is sterile, so no worries there. And If he poops, my guess is you'll be hauling your butt outta there with lightening speed. Lol...
    BlueFrogMama

Answer by BlueFrogMama at 3:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My mum bathes with my son and my brothers kids while they are little. my son was 2 weeks old and bathing with her. i have done it, but personally prefer a shower. Our tub is small, that's probably why. But no, to answer you question, if they pee you aren't going to get an infection. Pee is sterile. Pooping, no infection that I know of, cause you are surely washing yourself in clean water once you clean the poop out and refill the tub LOL The pooping is just more yucky and smelly to us than pee LOL
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 4:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I didn't bathe with them, but I did put them in the bath seat in the shower with me. Hell, sometimes if I have to, I put my toddler in the shower with me still, with some toys!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:00 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• thanks guys!! =)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Nope, You'll be fine. Don't drink the water though :)
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:06 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I bathed with my mom while I was little and as far as I know she never got any kind of infection.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No. :) My son actually just peed on me in the bath this afternoon! Haha. Don't worry. :)
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:01 PM on Dec. 10, 2008