How did you guys start your baby on veggies, fruits, and meats..?

I am now starting my daughter on veggies and I don't know if I am going about it the right way.She is 6 months old and I have been giving her green beans for the past 3 days, half a jar with a bottle for lunch and half a jar with some cereal and a bottle for dinner all 3 days. Tomorrow I plan on giving her sweet peas. I know your supposed to just give 1 new food for like 3-5 days to see if they are allergic to it. Should I just give her peas twice a day for 4 days and keep doing that with all the veggies and then all the fruits? Or...should I give her like half a jar of green beans for lunch and then half a jar of peas for dinner, since I know she's not allergic to the green beans?

Thankyou! :D

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 3:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Once you know shes not allergic to something you can include that in meal rotations. Like you said she isnt allergic to green beans, so do the peas, then greenbeans. Itll just give her some variety. Then when she moves onto something else you can give peas, green beans and the new item.

Answer by gemgem at 3:59 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was also wondering if you are supposed to give ALL the veggies, then ALL the fruits, and then ALL the meats??
    brookes_mom04

Answer by brookes_mom04 at 4:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I'd wait on meats until at least 9 months. You don't have to do all veggies, then all fruits, you can mix it up. Peas for 3 days, then pears for 3, then sweet potatos, then peaches, etc.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• We feed DD regular food in baby sizes. This was the advice of our pediatrician and it has worked well for us.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 6:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008