OMG SHE WONT SHUT UP

OMG... I think this is what they call payback... or karma... what goes around comes around.

My mom told me I was a talker when I was little... but OMG, I dont think ANY one talks as much as my 10 yr old.

SHE WONT SHUT UP!

It is a running commentary from the moment her feet hit the ground until she is asleep at night. Im going NUTS!

Anyone else have a child like this???  What do you do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• lol. That sounded just like my daughter when she was 10. I met my DH and married him when she was 10 and he bought it to my attention. I just learned to block it out over the years. But she drove him crazy..lol now she is 19 and still flapping so i just learned to deal with it and block her out. she did go thru a spell when she got quiet and I wanted her to talk. so don't worry you will be fine. Put in those invisidle ear buds and get what our parents called selective hearing. this will give u a peace of mind. I dont want to sound like a parent that ignore's but sometimes u need to put the earbuds in (invisible) bob your head like u hear music and go into your world. LOL.....whatcha listening to? I hear Tupac......
    Esam

Answer by Esam at 11:02 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My son does this at times. I try to engage him sometimes, this slows him down, makes him think, and the verbal diarrhea slows down too LOL! Other times, I just let it roll off of my back. Sometimes it helps to get them doing stuff too. But I know, it can drive you up a wall if you let them! I guess be glad that she still considers you a "friend" that will change. One day your little verbal gerbil won't be talking to you, except to say, "mom, you're so stupid!"

Good luck mama!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• My younger brother has always been that way...we largely ignore him...(he's not good w/social cues) So we also tell him nobody is listening...he's 19 and still does it...
    MommyYeoman

Answer by MommyYeoman at 10:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Yeh, I've been there. It's amazing, isn't it?
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:57 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• yap! My 8 year old is like that too! Sometimes after school she talks so much about things that happened in school that I have to tell her "honey, can you please read for a little while or do something? mommy needs a little quiet time." lol :) I feel bad sometimes, but I just need quiet sometimes... maybe it's because I'm getting old. :)
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 10:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• how old is she? mine's two and does the same thing. i was a talker and my mom said she talks way more than i did. payback really is a bitch
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 10:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• OMG! My almost 6 yr old does that! I was sooo hoping he would grow out of it but now I am not so sure! hahaha. The minute he wakes up he's talking about something he did before he went to bed like he never slept at all. Haha. My mom thinks its funny too when he stays with her and talks first thing in the morning before she can even function. Car rides are rarely quiet. I hear some funny stories though. Occasionally he talks in his sleep. I find myself kind of zoning out and not really hearing what he said sometimes.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 11:04 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• lmao, my mom use to say, just wait until you have a girl..

well I had two!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:25 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• oops i read the OP wrong my bad
    sophistcatdfury

Answer by sophistcatdfury at 10:59 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• LOL my 16yr old cuz is like this (she lives here) I just walk away from her and say uhhuh yup.....and then she evetually leaves me alone long enough for me to atleast pee in peace!!
    Id say shes just bored mama!! Good Luck
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 11:13 PM on Jun. 7, 2011