My mother-in-law is coming to visit me, my hubby and daughter in January. This is my hubby's adopted mom of 4 years, so he did not live very long with her. We are not real close to them. My mom does not like her and if she finds out she is coming here to visit she would get mad at me and probably never come to visit. We live 4 hours from our hometown. I don't know my mother-in-law real well, but would like to get to know her. My family thinks she is evil.

Comments appreciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• why do they think she is evil?
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Your question is????????????
    Anonymous

• well why does your family think she is evil?? and this is your husbands mom so you can't just not let her in your guys life if she never did anything wrong. your mom is wrong for that... unless there is legit reasons.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• It's your house, and you're entitled to whoever you want as guests. I don't know what age he lived with this woman, but to live with someone for any 4 years of your life, you have to have some feelings toward them. If it's what your husband wants, then it's none of your Mom's business, besides, she's 4 hours away, if you know she's going to get ticked off, why go out of your way to tell her?
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 4:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• get to know her for yourself
    Msvalsworld

Answer by Msvalsworld at 4:04 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• if you want to get to know her better and your mother truly loves you she will bend her ways for you. i would just tell your mother whats up and let her decide if she will come or not.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:05 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• If your mother is that shallow then that is her problem. You and your husband have every right to get to know this woman! Why shouldn't you???
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My hubby was adopted at the age of 13. My mom thinks she is evil because she thinks the women is show and tell only, now I don't doubt that. I don't think my hubby's adopted mom was a good mom. It's confusing.
    Anonymous

• i don't see the problem. get to know her. if your mom wants to be a baby, then that's her problem. sounds fun to get to know a new family member
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 4:17 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Oh and my mother-in-law thinks I don't like her, because of my family. My hubby and I have been married for almost 4 years. Yep, it's been going on this long.
    Anonymous