Has anyone had the Mirena IUD fall out? If so why? adult content

I had Mirena put in in March of 2010, 5 months after my son was born. Just today, 16 or so months later it fell out.
Has anyone had this happen?
The doctor in Urgent Care was preplexed, my cervix is closed, am just spotting. He has no clue why it fell out.
I am calling to follow up with my OB/GYN in the morning, but I am curious if this has happened as the doctor I saw has never seen it happen. Not a full explusion anyways.
Thanks much.

xchamberlinx

Asked by xchamberlinx at 10:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Health

• Mine didn't completely fall out, but it came out of place. Found that out after I found out I was pregnant with it. Lol
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• Oh, they did do a urine pregnancy test at the ER. It was BFN but it is still 3 days before my expected period, and I had just used the restroom right before we went to the ER, when I found the thing falling out. Lol.
    xchamberlinx

Comment by xchamberlinx (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• YES! I got mine...I can't remember what month but it was in 2005 about weeks later I went pee and when I wiped myself I found it in the toilet paper....I asked the dr about that and apparently I have a small uterus and it pushed it out of me

Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Mine didn't completely fall out, but it came out of place. Found that out after I found out I was pregnant with it
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:22 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Mine fell out today and in a way I am happy because I have had a horrible Tim with it for about 9 months now. I got it about a year and a half ago. I don't know why it fell out though
    hollie_mia

Answer by hollie_mia at 6:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2012