Organic egg's, and the price

I want to start selling eggs that my hen's lay and Want to know how much to charge for them.
And if someone wants me to deliver them, how much extra to charge.

Tired-Mom

Asked by Tired-Mom at 4:13 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Eggs fresh from the hen within say two days? Organic? I'd pay $4 a dozen. Maybe $5. For delivery figure out the cost of gas and wear on the car. I might go up to $6 delivered. But more than that I'm not sure. If I got the eggs once and felt they were outstanding, I might go higher.

Answer by Bmat at 5:07 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Around here we have sold ours for $2 some people thought it was a good price ..... some thought it was high. I have never delivered except to food pantries when I had two many, so never charged for that.
    sew4heaven

Answer by sew4heaven at 10:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I buy them at the farmer's market for $3.50 for jumbo, $3.25 for x-large, and $3.00 for large.
    Delivered, I'm not sure. It may not be something you can charge enough to make up for once you figure in insurance, mileage, gas, etc.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:36 AM on Dec. 11, 2008