sleeping through the night

When did you baby start sleeping through the night? My son is 6 months old and still wakes up once to drink a bottle. Any idea's on how to get him to sleep through the night?

Tired-Mom

Asked by Tired-Mom at 4:15 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• For babies, 5 hours is considered through the night, so I'm guessing he already does sleep through the night.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• my son is 2 and 1/2 still doesnt all kids are different just make sure they are fed dry diaper and have a comfort item.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 5:41 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Think it depends. But I believe a 6 hour stretch is considered sleeping through the night. I know it is exhausting, we still get up once, sometimes twice with our 17 week old. I just enjoy the time he is in my arms, because sooner than I know it he will be too big to cuddle with.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• mine is 3 weeks old and sleeps 9 hrs before he wakes up for a diaper change or a bottle
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 8:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I know that 6 or 7 hours of continuous sleep is considered sleeping thru the night, but I know what you mean. You want 8 hours of sleep too =]My suggestion to you would be to put your little one to bed at the same time every night and then wake her before you go to bed and give her a bottle. She will most likely sleep thru the bottle. Put her right back into bed. Maybe she will sleep on until the next morning.My son is 5 months and sleeps thru the night. It's all in how you schedule them to do things. Your baby will wake up until she's grown if you allow her to. You need to let her know that it's bed time and she isn't going to get up. Also, I would suggest grabbing a copy of Babywise. It has a lot of helpful info on sleeping thru the night. It also suggest the cry it out method which i don't do, but it helped me put my son on a consistent routine which then turned into sleeping all night.
    lanesmommy08

Answer by lanesmommy08 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 11, 2008