Could somebody please explain the Sarah Palin comment about Paul Revere?

nepenthe429

Asked by nepenthe429 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• For those interested in learning more about this little piece of history....

See "Midnight Ride"

"Revere was captured and questioned by the British soldiers at gunpoint. He told them of the army's movement from Boston, and that British army troops would be in some danger if they approached Lexington, because of the large number of hostile militia gathered there."

(The part in bold is where Revere warned the British)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:18 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• omg...she is NOBODY...She WAS a VP candidate. Was. Now she is accused of hogging the limelight and the ONLY ones I see covering her over and over are libs nitpicking her AND her CHILDREN. Meanwhile our CURRENT UNITED STATES PRESIDENT. the man that represents us to the ENTIRE world and make the FINAL and TOUGH decisions says idiotic things ALL THE TIOME...at LEAST as often as SP and they are because he is tired/misquoted/busy/or we are racist. FIFTY TWO STATES....OH MY GOD. I couldnt tell you (and a LOT of people couldnt) the details of Paul reveres ride.....but I dont know ANYONE who screws up the number of states. ANd that was just ONE gaffe of MANY. Where is the Obamaisms and the questyions of HIS education like Bush....yeah.......BULLSH*T. :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• can anyone explain sarah palin???
    Anonymous

• rolling on floor....at ALL of the people on here who think Palin's comment about Revere was "dumb!"  Like gdiamante and carpy said, she IS CORRECT!!!  In fact, I recently dicussed Paul Revere's midnight ride with my 5th grade students!!  Also being a native Bostonian, I've known about this little bit of historical trivia for over 30 years!! LOL :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Want to hear something VERY interesting? Check out yesterday's "Here And Now" show from WBUR in Boston. Sarah stated it VERY poorly but actually did get one thing right... Revere, by his own account, DID tell the British that the Colonists were armed and that the British Army had already failed in its mission to seize weapons. He wasn't ringing bells to do that; she got that wrong. And if he ahdn't been captured he'd never have told the British a damned thing.

It was a fascinating interview with a Harvard historian.

http://hereandnow.wbur.org/2011/06/06/sarah-palin-revere

Answer by gdiamante at 12:06 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No, sorry, I don't follow celebrity news.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:36 PM on Jun. 7, 2011

• What is funny is all these people calling her an idiot and stupid, etc..and she was correct. What do you think he was doing when he was captured?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Actually, I learned that in elementary school. But I do find humor in all the people calling her stupid, when it just makes them look stupid for not being smart enough to know she was right.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:25 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• She said he INTENDED to warn the British...

all the teachers.....please tell me you are NOT teaching this idiots version of events...

He was CAPTURED and TOLD them they failed he did NOT set about to WARN the British of anything...

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:52 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• From what I have read and heard, she showed everyone again that she really doesn't know history.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2011/06/06/20110606sarah-palin-paul-revere-wikipedia.html,

gee,I guess she doesn't know current events either since she said that we have to be loyal to our ALLY North Korea a while ago! ROFLMAO.

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:31 PM on Jun. 7, 2011