im having alot of pelvic pain

to the point to where i cant move that well and i have difficulty getting up even off the toilet im 38 wks and 4cm dialated and 50% effaced and this is my third pregnancy ive tried everything to relieve the pain and nothing works and im affraid to go to l&d because im scared they'll just send me home and my contractions aint close enough together,or their to close and dont last long enough someone please help i dont know what to do anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• just try to take it easy, lie down as much as possible. Hopefully someone can help u with ur other kids. A bath would help and I think that swimming helps cuz it takes the gravity away but unless u have an indoor pool somewhere that might be hard. I just love how the pregnancy books never mention pelvic pressure. They say that lightening when ur baby drops just makes u have to pee more. Did someone keep it out on purpose? Like there aren't enough things to endure in late pregnancy, we don't need more surprises!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I don't know what to tell you. I've been feeling the same since my baby dropped, but I'm not having contractions. Maybe try laying down or taking a warm bath?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I dont know what to tell you either sorry. I'm felling the same way. But I know if I go they will just send me om because I have to have a C-SEC because I cant fully dilate. So I know I have to deal with the pain. It is HORRIBLE pain though. I wish it just go away for a little while.
    Anonymous

• ive tried taking a bath, laying down, rocking, drinking water,nothing is helping i feel so helpless.
    Anonymous

• OBVIOUSLY YOU HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE. I WOULD SAY THAT EVERYTHING YOU ARE FEELING IS NORMAL. WE ALL KNOW THAT EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT. I NEVER GOT PELVIC PAIN THIS BAD UNTIL THIS PREGNANCY. BUT CONSIDERING THAT YOU ARE DILATED THAT FAR ALREADY. I AM SURE IT IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER. WHEN I GOT TO THAT POINT WITH MYY 2ND, I JUST TOOK BATHS AS MUCH I COULD. AND I DID ALOT OF RELAXING. BUT I ALSO WAS DOING THINGS TO GET LABOR STARTED. SO I WOULD JUST LIVE IN THAT BATH GIRL, A NICE WARM BATH IS ALWAYS SOOTHING...
    wifey334

Answer by wifey334 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was having bad pains like that, so that I couldn't even get up out of bed. I woke my husband at 3:30am to monitor my contractions. If they're 5-7 mins apart or less..honey don't worry about what the doctors are going to say, just go! I was 38 weeks when I had my son on Dec 1st. I went to the hospital with pains like yours. My contractions ranged from 10 & 25+ secs to sometimes well over 1 min. I think the longest was 1min 17secs. They'll probably observe you and since you're so far along admit and induce you. Don't worry it happened to me. After 37 weeks your baby is fully developed and not considered premature anymore. If I were you I would go and not give a flip what the doctors told me and demand they induce, for not only your sake but the baby's.
    Casey_Lynn_08

Answer by Casey_Lynn_08 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 12, 2008