What name did you almost get named?

Does anyone else have a horror story name that your parent was going to name you? But for some reason they changed it last minute..or did you get the horrible name?

My Grammie saved me. My mom was going to name me Adweena Paulette. Thank God for my Grammie.

munch12502

Asked by munch12502 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I was going to be JOSHUA! Haha, even though the U/S said I was a girl, my parents wanted a boy so bad, they insisted that's what they were really gonna have! Hehe, it's a GIRL!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:21 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My parents were going to name me marley... i do not like that name personally.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I should have been Michael John, my parents were SO sure (without ultrasound proof, lol) that I was going to be a boy they hadn't picked out a girls name! I was "it" for 2-3 days before my Mom decided on a name for me!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 4:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was supposed to be Stacy but my mom said that when she saw me I was NOT Stacy..if I had of been a boy I would have been Wade...my little sister is now Stacy...*laughs*
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I was going to be Holly, or Molly, which Im glad I didnt get. I was named after my grandfather (Valentine but a diff version). If I had been a boy I would have been named Aaron. Thank goodness my grandpa talked my mom into my name. I love it and I named my son after my grandpa so the name lives on.

Answer by gemgem at 4:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• My mom wanted to name me Anja (pronounced awn-ya), but my dad wouldn't let her. He thought everyone would call me Awn-Ja.... like with the "j" pronounced, but Anja is the German spelling and we're German! I think it's sooo pretty, I wish it were my name. Plus then my dad ditched when I was 9 months old, so why did he care what my name was? Argh.
    My2J.A.P.s

Answer by My2J.A.P.s at 4:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Betty Sue, ewwwwwww, don't even say it(thats what my father wanted, and nothing against Betty Sues, its not me, tho), I know. My mom saved me, I am Kathy Ann
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I need to add that I do like my name now, though. My first name is my grandma's middle name and when I have a daughter I'm going to pass the name on, so it all worked out.
    My2J.A.P.s

Answer by My2J.A.P.s at 4:26 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I like my name but if I was a boy I was going to be Dennis. So I ended up with Denise as a middle name.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• They thought I was going to be a boy, and they would have named me Luke. I like that.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008