Why is "Between the Lions" **SO** expensive?!

I seen "Between the Lions" a few years ago & loved it & thought when my DD got older Id be buying it for her..
Well.. I want to buy it for her, but it seems like they are MEGA expensive ($50+ and some are used) and its very hard to find them- so if i do find them im afraid to really order!

Why isnt PBS.com selling it for a good/fair price?
I looked & most of their other shows have their seasons for sale about $40.

Anyone know something I dont?
Am I missing something?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Jun. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't know this for a fact, but the licensing and distribution rights for each of the books involved in the show may have been a factor in the final price. Publishers are very tenacious when it comes to intellectual property.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Not sure why. I love that show to. I just looked on Netflix and they have season 1 and a few others, if you have Netflix.
    sixlilmonsters

Answer by sixlilmonsters at 12:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes, but we only get it thru our playstation.. I told DH the other day we are going to have to get the DVDs JUST so i can rent them on DVD..
    Its very frustrating because BTL comes on at 6am here. Its never OnDemand or anything else thru cable.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Did you try Amazon.com or ebay.com?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 2:13 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• ebay/amazon both have copies that are $100+
    Through ALOT of searching today, i somehow found it in the pbs shop, but it seems its marketed only to schools! So that may be one reason for price... I know when something is for multiple people - like a class/ school its more expensive :-(

i got on netflix. and noticed they do "have" BTL.. but they are unavailable at the moment (im guessing to never be seen again!)

If it was on OnDemand, or something on the "free" cable section that would be LOVELY... But why put an amazing show on at 6am!?
    A show this amazing should be on when kids are home during the day with SAHM, or after school hours!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011