Do you feel sometimes that your 2yr old is more attached then ever to you?

I found that she is more attched to me now then before. I am not sure why though. i guess its natural but just a little surprised consider she never had that whole separation thing to really worry about(she was in daycare very early on). so I was just curious if anyone came across this that when your child beame 2yrs old it was bigger attachment then before.
she is fine when i say i am going to work ect but if i want to just go out and pick up a pizza or something else with out her she does not want it at all.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 12:04 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• i do remember when my son was 2 that he was very attached to me. more than when he was an infant. It was a stage with him and he is still some what attached but I can now leave him at my parents with out him throwing a fit. He is now 3 almost 4.
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 12:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My daughter was very clingy around that age. She even went as far as to sleep in bed with me at night. That only lasted for a few months and eventually she went back to sleeping in her own room. She also grew out of the clingy stage. But when she was clingy it was so bad that she didnt want anything to do with my husband (her dad). I'd say to try and explain to her that you will always be there for her and that when you are just running to the store, you'll be right back. Just reassure her. She doesnt have issues when you go to work so tell her its like you are going to work but you'll be home a lot sooner.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• yeah she is fine when i leave her at her daycare and when i leave her at my parents only if i go to work. i only work 2 days a week right now. but other then that she is fine but she is alot more attached to me. she plays by herself and watches tv but she wont sleep over her grandparents house .its mommies house ect. and we spent 4 months there while i was in school. which its the funny thing. it was right after she turned 2.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 12:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• He's more of a momma's boy now than he used to be but there aren't any attachment issues reallly. He's been in daycare since he was 7 mos. and still does just fine when I drop him off. Even today I dropped him off in the kid's center at the gym I just joined for the first time and I thought he might be a little skittish at first but nope he ran right in and played...didn't even look back for me :(
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes! We are going through this right now.
    asmcbride

Answer by asmcbride at 8:48 AM on Jun. 8, 2011