38 weeks pregnant

I had my doctor appointment yesterday. My dr. checked my cervix, as he has been doing every appointment. i am dialated to a 1+ centimeter. :) when he was done there was some bleeding. he gave me a pad for the bleeding. Is that bad? It has pretty much stopped but is that normal? Dr. didn't seem to worried about it.I just wanted to know if that was normal.

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 4:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its totally normal to have a little spotting after a cervix check and even some cramping or pain. its just kinda hard on the sensitive cervix to have a finger jammed up there... normal though
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:30 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• its normal
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I am also 38 weeks and I also had an appointment yesterday and my dr did the same thing and I had some spotting, it is nothing to be too concerned about.
    Cappy1979

Answer by Cappy1979 at 4:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• that is def. normal cu when he checks your cervix there is a layer of stuff that may rip a little and it will bleed. which just makes the baby come faster!
    MamaG325

Answer by MamaG325 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Bleeding is normal, because the cervix often bleeds when it gets irritated. That's why you will also bleed as it dilates (particularly when you do into labor).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:44 AM on Dec. 11, 2008