Destination Weddings

How do you feel about destination weddings? Do you think bride and groom have the right to be mad if ppl can not go b/c of several different reasons?

canelamami

Asked by canelamami at 12:11 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• Having seen a few people do this, I think IF a couple decides they have their heart set on this, they should be upfront with everyone and tell them that while they want them to join them, they won't be offended at all if they can't come. Frankly, I think it puts everyone in an awkward position wondering if they HAVE to go to keep the peace. Also, it often puts a burden on the families--what mother wants to miss her daughter's wedding? Even if people can "afford" to go, perhaps that isn't how they want to spend their money. Weddings should be about celebrating the couple and their intention to be part of a larger family -- not about everyone scrambling to finance an expensive trip.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 12:44 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No I don't think they have the right to be mad. People have a life. The economy is bad. Don't be selfish
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My husband & I got married in Jamaica. We didn't invite anyone because we knew that most would not be able to come. We had a local reception after we came back. I do not think that the bride & groom have any right to be upset. It is very expensive to go to a destination wedding. With the economy the way it is, most people cannot afford that kind of trip.
    hotfudgesunday

Answer by hotfudgesunday at 12:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think that if you choose to do that, then you should expect that alot of people wont be able to make it, due to finances, work not wanting to leave/take children etc. I think its silly to do that, get married locally, and take your honeymoon somewhere rad!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 1:13 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think u shouldn't be mad the economy isn't that great but I would be disappointed in my friends that could afford it and was able to go and just chose not to come you should have the wedding of your dreams enjoy it the two that matter most would be there at least :)
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:55 AM on Jun. 8, 2011