It is safe?

hi i am bout 14 weeks now and i was wonderin if it's still okay to sleep on my stomach, thats tha only way i have ever been able to fall asleep and am comfortable....

vannahc89

Asked by vannahc89 at 12:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if it's comfortable to you, then go for it. I couldn't sleep on my tummy after 10 weeks. I was really uncomfortable
    canelamami

Answer by canelamami at 12:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• yeah it's still comfortable to me i'm just scared it'll hurt tha baby is all, thanks so much.
    vannahc89

Comment by vannahc89 (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• nah it can't hurt the baby... but after a while it won't be so comfortable! If you are too worried to sleep, you can get a maternity pillow and lay on your side- it imitates laying on your stomach without having pressure on the belly.
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 12:36 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If your able to sleep on your belly all the way up to 40 weeks then go for it. It wont hurt the baby. Theres too much cusion in there for that. Its impossible for me to sleep on my belly but i miss it like crazy! I cant wait till im able to sleep on my belly again!
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• my doc said sleep on the left side but im 6 months still sometimes i wake up on my belly tho..they said it wont hurt the baby so..go 4 it unless ur doc suggests otherwise...
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am 36 weeks a long with my 4th and have always slept on my belly with all of them. I can't sleep any other way. You are not going to hurt the baby by doing so.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am a stomach sleeper like you...always have been. I find that if I sleep on my stomach I wake up with my breasts being very tender and the nipples being in pain. I take my long pillow and lay on my side with the pillow tucked between my legs and I can cuddle up on it. If I lay on my back, I can still fall asleep these days lol....but I gotta make sure Im in the right position or I wake up with aches in my neck.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 8:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2011