Job for a 36 year old man?

My husband is an immigrant in this country. He is 36 and was a lawyer where he is from.
He cannot practice law here because he would basically have to go through law school all over again here to learn our laws.
What would be a good career for him? He has been working in food service and it is not paying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Money & Work

• Can he work as a legal aid or assistant? Does he do any type of administrative jobs? I would suggest something of this nature, because it's what he knows. Also try the banking industry, work at a college or university, open his own business???
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:31 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I work at home and the name might through you off but its not only for girls men can also join and are more then welcome to.
    If you want the info let me know i am more than willing to help you.
    youngarmywife

Answer by youngarmywife at 5:24 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Did he specialize in something in particular? Perhaps he can become a legal assistant in a law office. Certainly he should try to use the knowledge he has.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:07 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would look for a good network marketing company with a product that he can stand behind. More and more people are leaving corporate america as they are no longer willing to trade time for money. They want the benefits of residual income and time leveraging.

Let me know if you would like more information.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 4:04 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• He could definitely work in a law office as an aid or paralegal. I am sure an office would want to capitalize on his research skills. What type of law did he practice? That may help you identify what industry to go to.
    happymom612

Answer by happymom612 at 7:08 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I would definitely get him to create a resume with the objective/purpose of working in a law office (or similar) and have him start checking out jobs as a legal assistant, paralegal or another capacity in a law office. He would likely bring a fresh perspective to things and he'd be a tremendous asset!

Don't let him get sucked in to the MLM growers and such. He has something wonderful to offer and spending his time selling something, regardless of what it is, would really be a waste of resources for him.

Good luck!
    DestMasters

Answer by DestMasters at 7:39 AM on Dec. 11, 2008

• I work at home. Anyone can do this job. It is responding to emails and inbound calls about our companies website services. If interested email slprice12@embarqmail.com
    SLPERRY

Answer by SLPERRY at 12:25 PM on Dec. 11, 2008