BEEN W MY GUY FOR 4 YEARS, NO THOUGHTS OF MARRIAGE, SHOULD I MOVE ON??

IN THE BEGINNING I THOUGHT TO MYSELF I WANTED A 5 YEAR PLAN,,,,,AT LEAST TO BE ENGAGED AT THIS POINT, NOW IM NOT EVEN SURE I WANT TO BE WITH HIM.

SARAHSON

Asked by SARAHSON at 12:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• nah... if you can't see yourself marrying the guy, don't waste your time. You could be out finding your husband.
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 12:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If marriage is what you hope for, ultimately, and it's not happening with this guy, I'd say it's time to move on. You're only young for a few years, and you should use them to find the right man. Then settle down with him, marry, and have a family.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:37 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• talk to him first talk it out see if you two can work things out after four years I think he deserves you to at least that.. then after the talk if you still feel the same way yeah move on but take it slow..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 12:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If it's not what you want then don't hang around to hope it'll change. If he cares, he'll be back!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:47 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If things arent going how you plan them to then leave. You could be missing out on better opportunities
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 1:36 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Don't you want a man who is DYING to promise to be with you forever and seal the deal?? I mean, you want to make sure you are a match, but I wouldn't want to marry into a situation that I had to suggest or ask for after 4 years. I would want him to at least after about two years let me know that he couldn't see life without marriage to me, and then promptly start working in that direction. 4 years sounds long enough to be trapped by false obligation. Before you create lifelong baggage, MOVE ON if this really conflicts with your ideals.
    fohtrae

Answer by fohtrae at 2:40 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If your not sure you even want to be with him or married to him. It is time to leave the relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 4:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have been married 11 years and 12 previously I think being married is great but if we didn't have the certificate we would still be happy just cherish what you have and who you are with and if you are happy that's all that matters
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:46 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I you want marriage and he doesn't then yes you should move on.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 7:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• This is definitely something you should sit down and discuss with him. Share your feelings; invite him to share his. If you are setting goals and he isn't, you would be smart to move on. If it's meant to be, you will find each other again if that's what either of you want. Since you are questioning the relationship, I think it's time to open up to new possibilities. "If you love someone, set him free. If he comes back, then he's yours forever. If he doesn't, then you haven't really lost anything in the first place."
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2011