Changing a due date in pregnancy,plus more.

During end of second trimester,it was mentioned i was measuring three days behind.
However,before it finally was officially changed from Aug 26 to the 29th today.
They wanted to make sure.My friend is trying to tell me,don't let them change the original due date,as though i just caused damage to my baby from this.
Her baby was born weeks,early and premature so,unsure how she should be telling me..I'm a bad mom by this.
She claims..since she lives hours away,i don't eat enough of this or that,water,get enough sleep.She is a first time mom herself so,i feel she acts like a know it all.
I'm coming on here to get answers,from well rounded moms,should i be concerned ?
She said my spiked blood pressure was my fault too,even though once my body temp went down in the office,i was better,the heat got to me..Which caused nausea and being dizzy,as well.
My A/C was not working until today,so i was in a rather warm home until than..using fans and windows for help..However,she felt i was dumb for "allowing" myself to be in warm conditions.
Guess,she has to never waited for more than a few days for anything..ugh !
I eat very healthy,takre my vitamins,however with this heat..It makes you feel horrible so not always possible,so i will eat more fruit versus meat in it's place or healthy nuts..
I guess,how can i get her to understand,not all pregnancies are like hers..I'm doing all i can and following my care provider and she needs to..well,..be a friend or back off since her stress is making it worse.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i still don't understand why dr's change due dates, i haven't had one do that yet and i wouldn't let them, those days wont matter anyways if they baby comes on it's own terms. eh maybe it's just me though. as for what she says i'd tell her to butt out!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• A due date is just a MID-point within the average (estimated) due period (of 38-42 weeks).
    So changing it by a mere three days is harmless, why even bother though, kwim ?

If you are working to do your best to be healthy and know that babies come when they need to (USUALLY within the average, but not always), then all is fine.

You can avoid this friend, or avoid these conversations with her, or shoot back questions to her: "Where can I get info on that? Do you have websites or medical journals I could refer to?

;-)
    Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I never saw the point in a due date. I just circled two weeks before and two weeks after approximate forty weeks. Babies come when they are ready. Seems silly to change due date three days. How do they measure days anyway?

tell you friend to kiss you where the sun don't shine, and maybe read up on pregnancy a little.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Op Here..I think the doctor informed me as he did to let me know//baby maybe late so.i'm not concerned or a stressed out mom..since,it's showing he measuring small.I heard due date changes are not uncommon but she makes it sound,like i just changed my babies whole future for the worse.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You could always tell her that if you want her "advice" you'll ask for it, otherwise put a cork in it; she's stressing you out and needs to stop.

As for the due date and all her "advice" take it all with a grain of salt, do the best you can and get ready for your little one.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:58 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• ur date is changed only by a few days. if it were weeks then i wouldn't let the dr change it. as far as the blood pressure and stuff... it isn't your fault.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 1:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• OP HERE: I had a loss before,so they are being very careful on everything..However,still nothing is perfect.You can be off your due date by two weeks in either direction.I'm not dumb but she is making me feel i am.So,why i thought i would ask others..Were you on time..if not that means your due date was off some too.So,for her to be critical..knowing her pregnancy was not perfect some how makes her an expert now...It's not right.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• OP HERE : I agree,it's three days..Not weeks,so it's really no big deal but she is acting like it is.I have seen woman deliver at various times.A due date is a rule of thumb to give you an idea when to prepare.Sad,she stressed me out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My 1st was late by about 2 weeks. My 2nd came on the date I told the Nurse Practitioner that he was going to come. She didn't believe me. I knew the date and roughly the time that he would be born. For both babies, I was in the hospital 24 hours before I went into labor. My Dr. wanted to have me do a 24 hour test for protein in my blood just in case I had pre-eclampsia. I had edema so bad that I literally had to force my feet into my shoes. On my last visit for both of my babies, I had high blood pressure. I learned that, if I go in about 10 minutes early to my appointments, my blood pressure will drop to normal blood pressure. For my 3rd baby, I was induced. I found out after giving birth that protein was found in my urine. My 4th baby is due right around Thanksgiving. D-day can't come soon enough. Every one of my pregnancies were similar and yet different.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• See,i was called back within 5 minutes of checking in.So add hot weather and well,your BP will be off.
    I could deliver,early too not just on my EDD...She will say,why did you not make them stop it and wait longer..She's very critical.
    I just feel,the main concern is baby is fine and me too..Things happen but somehow,i'm not entitled.
    Wish i had a gurantee,life was going to be perfect.All you can do,is try your best and pray for the best healthy outcome.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Jun. 8, 2011