Inconsiderate Husbands, do you have one like this??

I do EVERYTHING around here except take out the trash..
he WONT change a diaper bathe the kids feed them cook do laundry clean do dishes wash the dog(unless i BEG) vacuum help get the kids ready put them to bed.... and Now he is begging me to walk the fucking dog.... OMFG.. I. am. just. DONE!!

Why wont he do ANYTHING for me/?????????????

Am I really that worthless to him? \

yeah I get  that I stay home with the kids ad he makes the money but I cant be the one that does everything anymore... I am a human too, well at least I thought....

Dork4Fish

Asked by Dork4Fish at 12:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• If it bothers you that much, talk to him about it. I'm a stay at home wife and soon to be mother. I do pretty much everything, but when I'm feeling tired, or I just really don't want to do something, I ask my husband to do it. Yeah he groans, but he does it.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• My hubby works while I stay home; he cooks some nights, but all the rest is up to me (including taking out the trash). We have 6 kids and he's never changed a diaper or bathed a child. I make him coffee every single morning but he doesn't even know how I like my tea/coffee. We've been married 21 years. I don't worry about it any more; it used to irk me, but I'm happy in my life and in my role as mother and housewife. It's really his loss, not being a part of our lives. He's the one missing out, not me. Now that our older kids are old enough, they walk and bathe the dog! LOL
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 12:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yep. Mine's the same, minus the dog. Drives me crazy. And when I've finally had enough and call him on his BS he either shuts down and ignores me, starts crying and tries to throw his own pity party, or tries to justify his stupidity with "that's how I was raised".

Yes, he was raised with his father working a 9-5 job and his mother a stay home mom running an in-home daycare. THAT'S NOT US!!!! I'm a stay home mom, and he works a late swing/early graveyard shift. He can get his @$$ out of bed at noon and make lunch everyday for his daughter. Besides, if I DON'T make him do that he'll sleep all day and do NOTHING and all.

GRRRRRRRR, Boys are dumb.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• it's not that I dont appreciate what he provide us, I just wish he would show his love like I do... I cant stand having someone need me 24/7 that can FULLY care for them selves!!!! I get the kids being "up my ass" all the time but come the fuck on!!!! he is 13 years older than me and yet he cant do a goddamned thing to save his life....
    I am VERY greatfull for what he does do... I just wish he would help more with our kids....
    I dont know what to do anymore I have talked with him done the whole plate thing (paper plate and post it notes. You "post" everything you do that day... Mine is ALWAYS FULL hs has like 10 things on it...) I just do not feel like a person anymore... just a mother and wife.. no "me" whom ever she is....
    Dork4Fish

Comment by Dork4Fish (original poster) at 1:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No i dont we both work full time and his schedule is always 4am to noon while mine varies so i cant always be the one cooking. He always cooks I wash and do the dishes and we both clean the house together and he throws the trash. We both bath my son and change his diaper.
    roxy0522

Answer by roxy0522 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't have one like this either, he is very helpful. Even when I was a SAHM he considered the time he was at work working to be equal to the amount of hours I was home alone with our son. So when he gets home it would be 50/50. Now I am back to working part time and he helps even more than ever, that's just how he is, very helpful, and very considerate.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:51 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• wow u ladies are lucky to have those types of husbands be sure to kiss them and hug them tight at night.,.. I on the other hand have a husband who sleeps n the bed while I sleep on the couch. Now he does do the dishes but he complains about it the entire time. Take the trash out?!?! I'd prolly fall over if he ever did that.
    sweetsone

Answer by sweetsone at 2:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Just remember you are doing this for your kids. THEY BENEFIT FROM YOUR STRENGTH AND YOUR PRESENCE!! It does help. Acceptance helps too. It helps you schedule in all of the tasks that you wish you could share. I do all the kid stuff, all the house stuff, the groceries (which is a HUGE task since my "income" is my ability to save, thus lots of studying ads, and performing coupon magic tricks), homeschool the kids, deal with the families/parties, etc., budget the finances, mow the lawn, take out the trash, gardening, canning, and that is to name a few. I should say, when it was apparent how little help (and actually how much hindrance) I was going to get out of my hubby, I pretty much forced him to get a second job to pay for the extra services of things I couldn't do (like at the time, mow the lawn, clean the gutters, etc.). So, there is that. He now makes enough to make budgeting actually possible. I love my kids tho. *sigh*
    fohtrae

Answer by fohtrae at 2:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• my ex h did take care of our kids together but didn't come near my child from previous relationship, he also didn't help out financially and he made a good amount of money. i was broke trying to pay for everything and he still wouldn't help me. daycare payments went by household income and our combined income was so much i couldn't afford the daycare alone.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 6:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sorry doll. It's some men's nature that that think the woman should do it all and they make the money but the reality is its 2011 we are supposed to be equal I would bring it up good luck.
    rinamomof2

Answer by rinamomof2 at 6:43 AM on Jun. 8, 2011