How to get my hair allover dark blonde when it is brown with blonde highlights?

My hair is brown with lots of blonde highlights in it and some cinnamony lowlights. I am wanting to color my hair dark blonde all over. Can I even get this done at a salon?

I was thinking maybe they'd have to color my hair all over brown, like my natural color and then color it the dark blonde...

If someone has an idea, please let me know what I should do and what I should ask for at the salon when I go! Alsoooo let me know if you think this is a bad idea and if it would just be easier for me to stick with the brown with highlights..I was thinking maybe it'd be easier just to go allover one color and do the upkeep on that.

Thank you!

brookes_mom04

Asked by brookes_mom04 at 12:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Yep I could do that. Done it many times. It's not that hard. Go to a professional. It's not as much work as you'd think.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Does it take two trips to salon or all in one trip?
    brookes_mom04

Comment by brookes_mom04 (original poster) at 1:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• try adding more blonde high lites than what you have now, this will give you a more suttle look , rather than a dramatic change .You dont want to bleach your whole head due to the fact that the other color you have in your hair would grab and cause your hair to turn
    ORANGE ..
    ourboutiqueforu

Answer by ourboutiqueforu at 1:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If you were in my chair it would only be one trip. Since you are light brown already, I'd simply do a color balance, and recolor, and recondition. With the right products and a good stylist it should be easy and zero damage.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yea I justed to go allover because everyone here sucks at highlights and theynever get my roots covered!get lol I have someone in my hometown who is awesome but too far away. I figure my roots will always get covered up if I have allover color put on and it won't be super blonde...just dark blonde almost light brown.
    brookes_mom04

Comment by brookes_mom04 (original poster) at 1:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Probably have to get it stripped first. I went from a dark brown to a fairly light blond and I had to have it stripped first.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 2:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• They'd have to color my hair allover dark brown Luke my natural first right?...since I have grown out highlights. Thanks!
    brookes_mom04

Comment by brookes_mom04 (original poster) at 10:38 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You should just be frank with them what you what done and look at their color samples and make sure it isn't something that is gonna make your skin tone look funky, but if you have a good stylist you should have no problems =)
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 12:03 PM on Jun. 8, 2011