Do you still have your natural hair color? Why or why not?

I have tried to dye my hair an auburn color but it never worked out. So I learned to be happy with my natural hair color. I have no intentions of ever becoming a blonde. Why try to be like everyone else?

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 1:12 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• As a stylist I beg to differ. Coloring your hair is a personal choice. Some do it to express themselves, boost of confidence, boredom, grey coverage, etc. I don't see how that's trying to be like everyone else. If anything...some just want to be somebody else for a minute. I personally color my hair for creativity, fun, and because when I can't control everything in my life I can control my hair,
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:16 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have always liked my hair color. I was blessed with natural highlighted hair, lol Different shades of blonde and now it glistens with a tad of grey lightly mixed in.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Has anyone ever seen Good Hair with Chris Rock? I haven't yet but I'd like to.
    Imogine

Comment by Imogine (original poster) at 1:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I started around age 35 due to all the silver-white (not grey).

I'm naturally a light auburn, but never liked how the sun made it so blonde in the summer time. I keep it a darker shade of red. The last run my stylist went too blonde with highlights, and I didn't feel it suited me. Gotta keep it red!
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No I haven't Imogene.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:22 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• yes
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:23 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• no...its long gone. my hair has been every color that comes in a bottle (except green, too snot-like for me haha).

my natural color is ugly...it always looked dirty & it always looked like i had let my roots grow out. when i hit puberty it changed from super blonde to drab blonde w/ brunette roots. its as close to natural as it gets right now since i just had a baby and its still blonder than my real color. i like blonde...its what looks most natural on me w/ my blue eyes & pale skin.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have been coloring my hair on and off since I was 19. My natural hair color is a mousy brown that washes me out....I hate it. I have had black hair and various shades of red. Red looks best on me which isn't a surprise. My mother, both sisters & both nieces are redheads and I have the same coloring that they do...very pale skin, lots of freckles. The gene mutation for red hair just happened to skip me by BUT thanks to hair dye I can have the hair color that I feel I should have had. I look great as a redhead and no one believes that it's not my natural color.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• my hair is the natural color right now its brown blonde and the reason is bc im 6 months preggo!! I used to dye my hair constantly when i was a teenager in cosmetology school..lol
    Heather021287

Answer by Heather021287 at 1:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yah I saw it, it was long and boring, and not totally accurate in my personal experience.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:30 AM on Jun. 8, 2011