How do you get yor husband to notice you and get back the romance in our marriage?

momma-misha

Asked by momma-misha at 4:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• I myself have been wondering the same thing! I have tryed telling him straight out that I need more to out love life! More touching and not just in on spot! Candel lit massage/dinner! Must I go on! He does not listen! If you get any Great ideas tell me too! Is it that you feel a bit board about the way things are done lately? That is what I have been feeling! WE NEED ROMANCE! There maybe you should have him read this and he will realize it is not just you!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Girl, I know you feel like this at times, we all do. It's so hard with a family. What you need to do is get a night together, without the kids. Spend a couple of hours preparing yourself, hot bath, styling your hair, etc. Put on some nice clothes and off you two go. Have a great long evening together. If he gives you any hassle, just tell him this is what YOU demand. I know it can be hard to get him away, but sometimes men need to look at us in a new light, instead of that "MOMMY LITE" LOL!!!!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 4:40 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• You could send him sweet little texts/emails; like "hope your day's going well" or "I miss you", whatever is fitting for your relationship.
    You could also send him dirty ones... those are even more fun! Text him a naught picture or email cut and pasted sex positions/techniques from cosmopolitan.com's sex articals. Email him your fantasy date, including what you want for desert *wink wink*
    Plan a night where the kids are gone so you can suprise him when he gets home from work with some sexy lingerie and a bj right when he walks through the door...
    I don't know what's normal for you guys or if those were the kinds of answers you were looking for, but hopefully something there helps. I've got more if you give me more specifics on what you want!
    esr

Answer by esr at 4:47 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• From my experience, that sort of thing is a viscious cycle... one of you stops making as much of an effort, so the other stops trying, and then the first one REALLY stops trying and so on and so forth...
    esr

Answer by esr at 4:48 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Have a date night once every week or two where you hire a sitter and go out. Not even for a meal, depending on your budget, but to wander around the mall, holding hands, or sitting and talking over a cup of coffee. Together time. My husband and I like to take weekend vacations. We go some place within a couple hour drive and stay for a night or two, bed and breakfasts are nice for this, and we walk around and talk. If you can't find someone to watch the children, have your date night after they have gone to bed. Make a date that you keep where you will only do things together- work a puzzle, play a game, snuggle while watching a move. Something to focus on each other. Don't forget to hug him passionately and with a smile when he gets home. :)

Answer by Bmat at 5:34 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• Whenever you meet Be warm and be welcoming.Put the needs of your relationship above anything else. I read advice which sounded good to me. For the first half hour after he gets home from work, sit down and spend half an hour together or twenty minutes if you can't spend half an hour . Give yourselvers time to notice each other and listen to what you each have to say . Invest a little interest and this will bring intimacy.
    roserosalind

Answer by roserosalind at 7:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008