I'm 33 wks n today I had the urge to push a few times. R those Braxton Hicks?

Vero0724

Asked by Vero0724 at 1:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Braxton Hicks are much more mild than regular contractions. Were you having trouble breathing, concentrating, or walking? Were you in an IMMENSE amount of pain? Did you time them?

Contractions don't just go away. Are you sure you weren't gassy or something. I can't imagine that you'd be that far into real labor, have contractions, have the urger to push, and then have it go away... Hrmm.

GL Momma!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 1:59 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• No pain just that baby moved in a position that made me want to push
    Vero0724

Comment by Vero0724 (original poster) at 2:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• This concerns me. My urge to push didn't come til I was hard core in labor and ready to push the baby out! Are you okay? I would call OB and talk to them. Good luck.
    Flippindadaisie

Answer by Flippindadaisie at 2:02 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• it could be either the baby moving in a down position or it could be gas. I had this the other day only for a few seconds and I am 31 weeks as of yesterday and it turned out it was gas cause after (sorry to much info) passing it went away.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:34 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Is this your first? And what do you mean by the urge to push?
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I'm 34 weeks pregnant and I have that urge all the time. As the baby grows and moves it pushes on your organs and intestines. Depending how baby is positioned could give you the urge to push because of gas or having to go to the restroom. For me the urge to push baby out when I was in labor with my daughter was different than just an urge to push because I had to go to the bathroom. If it really is something that concerns you, ask your doctor at your next visit or call if you start having pain or contractions.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:38 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think it's cuz I had to poop n she was helping by bouncy on my colon! Lol!
    Vero0724

Comment by Vero0724 (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• That's what I figured. GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:56 PM on Jun. 8, 2011