What do you think about a person who uses drugs and then goes to church? Also, go street preachin! Something seems terribly wrong with that to me.

dmr73059

Asked by dmr73059 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think anybody who does drugs has a right to preach to anybody. Anybody has a right to go to church though. If they are addicted to drugs, they obviously need some guidance.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:01 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I dont know, I can see where it may look hyprocritical but I also think we are all human and all fall short and have our demons to deal with I dont think it means they believe in God any less or shouldnt feel like they shouldnt be in Church.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes, something is wrong with that. I knew a street preacher once who had an affair while married to his wife. He lost any credibility he ever had with me. I'm kind of turned off by the loud preacher type who broadcasts to the crowd. I'd rather talk one-on-one. If a Christian (or religious person) is using drugs, they have an area of their life that needs to be healed. God works in us, but we still have free will.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 2:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Drugs are a sin just like any other sin. I hope he stops but if he is saved then he can still go to Heaven as long as he repents.
    ashlrenee

Answer by ashlrenee at 3:18 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think it's none of my business.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 3:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• And I think all of you who call yourselves Christians should be ashamed of yourselves for thinking anything less of a person for having faults. (I am not a Christian)
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 4:09 AM on Jun. 8, 2011