What is the best medicines of having pcos?pls help me i want to get pregnant...

jullan

Asked by jullan at 2:40 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Health

• You need to consult a dr. They will need to test your FSH/LH ratio, testosterone, and glucose/insulin ratio to give you an official diagnosis and prescribe you the best medication to suit your needs. Most likely you will be prescribed glucophage, the generic of which is metformin. I have PCOS, too. I miscarried 3 times before the diagnosis. Other things you can take to keep you healthy and prepare your body for baby: An omega supplement and prenatal vitamins. Once you become pregnant, you may want to ask about a progesterone supplement like prometrium, your dr will likely want to keep you on that and metformin until the end of the first trimester. It's not good to take metformin after the first trimester because it crosses the placental barrier and may give your baby blood sugar problems.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• tnx...now im taking a butiao tablets because 5months i didnt yet have my menstration... i got my pt lastweek but its negative..
    jullan

Comment by jullan (original poster) at 3:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I have PCOS too. I agree with with the previous poster except that some dr.s will have you stop taking metformin as soon as you become pregnant. That's what my dr did anyway. Another medication that can be helpful for women with PCOS who are trying to get pregnant is Clomid and it's really inexpensive One other thing that can help is to cut sugar and highly processed carbs out of your diet. Good luck!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:15 AM on Jun. 8, 2011