Why doesn't the pro life movement concentrate on supporting women so they don't feel a need for abortion instead of being judgemental ?

Tatum2U

Asked by Tatum2U at 4:38 PM on Dec. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I say.. want to support females in their pro-creative years??? Make good, sound sex education available to both females and males. And make contraceptives...birth control...easily accessible to all that desire it and even with no cost....to both females and males. Stop the pregnancies before they even occur...and mostly abortion and the whining about one's tax dollars paying for all these supposed pregnant women on welfare, will mostly become a moot subject. BUT!! then you have the Pro-Lifers who believe birth control is abortion as well....see me throwing my hands up in the air! And Abstinence ONLY simply does not work, if anyone has been paying attention lately.
    LilLizaJane

Answer by LilLizaJane at 11:27 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I can only speak for myself but thats what I do, and everyone I know around me does? Can you give an example of when they didnt support the woman? Aside from holding their hand which is impossible with so many getting abortions how would they help them?
    Anonymous

• I have wondered the same thing! If everyone would just think together and help and educate one another I feel we would have less hate about the situation! They say to make it illegal but think about it if that would happen then they would find a way to have it done and we would have much more infections in women! Education is the key!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• I support women 100%, but that does not include their right to murder their unborn child. No one, not even women should have this right. Women want to be treated equal, but allowing them to murder their unborn child is not equal. If a man was to murder his unborn child that is considered murder, if a woman does it it is considered ok in the eyes of the law. Tell me how that is equal!!
    Anonymous

• Women are already supported! Its a woman's world, you just have to know how to run it. The courts highly favor responsible mothers to dads, child support, food stamps, cash assistance, medicaid, even adoption. There are shelters for pregnant women who help them get an education, job, apartment, ect.
    Women who abort for that reason need to get real and grow up.
    NewArrival

Answer by NewArrival at 5:02 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• No anonymous You don't support women 100 %. You want to controll every women.It's not ahild jet when it's aborted during first weeks of pregrancy.
    Anonymous

• Anonymous 5:04, So just because I do not support a womans right to murder her children, I do not support women? Wow you are stupid!! I am a woman, HELLO. I think that women deserve the same rights as men. I do not however support a womans right to not take responsibility for their actions. I also would not support a mans right to not take responsibility for his actions. Rights go both ways!!
    Anonymous

• and people don't take care of there on stuff all the time ..one reason abortion happens and if they mk it illegal are you going to take care of all the babies? Maybe you are stupid?Women are so not supported .you think every women has a job that will be held for her during delivery etc? You think housing is easy to get? How do they pay for and finish school etc? Grow up this is the real world not fairy land.

Anonymous

• NewArrival i have a slight disagreement w/ what you said. yes there are assistance programs out there for women...but they are looked down on for using them by the same ppl who told them that abortion is murder. and they aren't always eligable.

the reason they dont support women is because many pro-lifers are anti-assistance programs; they don't want their taxes going to help these "loose" women who keep having more babies. they don't realize that there are many married women who get this help too. so they want to save children...until they are born. then the women & her kid are on their own. but at least the women can go to heaven now...*rolls eyes*

and no...im not pro-choice...or pro-life. im pro-me, as in i wouldn't have an abortion thats all that matters to me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:32 PM on Dec. 10, 2008

• The Pro Life Movement I am associated with (along with most of my friends, colleagues, etc.) are all about supporting women. That is why we offer Pregnancy Crisis Centers for women who are considering an abortion, for women who don't know what they're going to do, offer parenting classes for those women who decide to keep their babies, and even counseling services for those who have had abortion and need help. The only thing we don't do is actually go in if they choose an abortion. That would go against everything we believe in. Education is the key....helping women understand that there ARE other options.
    Anonymous