Adults sextexing vs teens doing it adult content

I have been following the story about Weiner sending the lewd pic via cell phone. Just interested in opinions of what message this is sending teens & what YOU think his punishment should be.
IMO he should be kicked out of Congress & lose all insurance, pension, etc. I think his behavior is intolerable & sending a message to teens that if your adult this is ok but as teens its not.

WAganma56

Asked by WAganma56 at 4:28 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, I think it does send a message that if he can do it i can do to kids. We as parents need to practice what we preach.
    sweetsone

Answer by sweetsone at 11:24 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• For adults, this is "ok" (meaning legal) and for teens it's not - since taking, distributing and recieving sexually-related photographs of children (i.e., someone under the age of 18) is against the law (and rightly so!!). We do that with lots of things in society, WAganma- alcoholic beverages, tobacco, voting. Hell, every time I get behind the wheel, I'm showing my kids that it's okay for an adult to drive, but not them!

I don't really care what consenting adults do, as long as it's following the law. What gets me is the number of these guys who think their behavior won't eventually be rooted out. That smacks of arrogance mixed with ignorance - not the best collection of traits to have in a politician IMO, but that's up to his constituents. I don't think he needs to be "punished" - outside of the obvious fall-out this will have on the relationship with his wife. I feel very sorry for her.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 6:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think the level of outrage is rather hilarious in relation to reality. Considering at least one of the women he talked to has flat out admitted she'd been consensually chatting with him for over a month, it's awfully naive of people acting like this is some freak scandal. Every single day, on facebook, MMO's, twitter, chat rooms, news groups, email and texting, consenting adults are sending the same damn pictures and chatting in ways far more graphic than their picture. Married people are going to websites specifically designed for married people to screw around. Other married people are going to every other damn site on the internet and still screwing around. Chances are, in the history of this site, SOMEBODY has hooked up with another woman and cheated on her partner.

Politicians can't survive bad publicity, but that's because they're politicians. To act like this never happens anywhere else is dangerously naive.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:37 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Honestlu, as long as he didnt send it to and underaged person, its no ones business. As an adult, if I wanted to send a pic of my body to someone I can. To some its immoral. but, I dont think its illegal right???? Theres stuff all over the world that our kids will see/hear. Its our job as parents toteach them right from wrong.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Ii have to agree with NP. This person is an adult. Now if the person on the other end was a female who did not want the text or had no clue of it's nature then of course it is a crime. I don't want some man to send me his crotch pictures. But if I were flirting and saying dirty sexy things to him....well of course I expect a response back. But my question to all in politics is how dumb do have to be to think you will not be caught eventually. Eventually your love interest de jour will fork over the goods. With voice mail, e-mail, camera phones, texting, and cell phones....you will get busted. The voters will decide when it comes time if this is a big deal to them. In LA Vitter was elected again. But more recently in Western NY Mr. Shirtless was not. So each voter decides what is okay when they cast a vote.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Doing stupid things is just stupid!!!!

gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:07 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If his work performance and outcome has been positive in that sense, then losing his job isnt needed. But doing something to promote NOT doing what he did and really mean it. But thats just me. If he wants to do that, do it...but its private and he needs to remember he is a public figure and it obviously caught up with him.
    MissyNewMama

Answer by MissyNewMama at 8:53 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Uhm, no. It is OK for adults.
    Just like it is OK for adults to have sex, but not for my teen.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 9:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• If all parties were consenting adults, who cares. I don't. What people do in their private lives (as long as everyone is consenting) I could careless. I send pics to my husband sometimes that are nude of me. He likes them, I like them.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:51 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• What if it was a government phone? You do know that most senators dont even have to pay for their own phones......... Yeah, id be pretty pissed too, BUT not that level.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 5:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2011