Appropriate babyshower gift?

My cousin is pregnant with her 3rd daughter. I've always heard the etiquette on babyshower's is: okay for 2nd if gender is different from first, if multiples or if more than 5 years of a gap...

I'm crocheting her a blanket because my grandmother passed away and used to do it for the great grandchildren. But should I include anything else? She has everything she should every need for another girl, right? And those things you want to be special for each child are usually things the parents buy (first outfit, christening outfit, etc.)...

chelsea_renee

Asked by chelsea_renee at 4:35 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Holidays

• considering it's your cousin, not your sibling or best friend, a homemade blanket is perfectly appropriate. If they kept things from the other kids, they should have more than enough, and if they don't, they should have a registry - and be prepared to buy what they need themselves, since for a third child especially, people will probably not give them more than small items like blankets, clothes, diapers, etc. The blanket will show that you care. That's more than enough. My aunt sent a blanket and hat she knitted for my daughter, my first child, and I was both ecstatic and surprised. Another aunt sent a pillow she quilted and embroidered, and I was even more surprised. Things that are home made show so much more love.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 4:49 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think it is wonderful that you are keeping the tradition alive I think she will love it
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 5:03 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sounds like a perfect gift.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:29 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I am pregnant now and i can tell you I would be hsppy with that gift! Very heartfelt!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:44 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think a handmade blanket is a great gift and that's all you need to give.
    bellagracie82

Answer by bellagracie82 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Sounds like a perfect, touching gift. No need for more.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:56 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I think a homemade blanket is a great gift considering she already has everything she would need.
    -Tiffany-

Answer by -Tiffany- at 3:40 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• How about a diaper cake:) Or something personalized with her name:-) We have baby items here for baby showers!:)
    Baby Shower Gifts
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 8:35 PM on Jun. 9, 2011

• Maybe that blanket and some oneies or a personalized gift the make passies with the babys name on it
    momofsextuplet

Answer by momofsextuplet at 4:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2011