Special Needs Child(ren)

How many moms have special need children? I have 1,Thor's story:

Thor's Life

Thor Michael was born October 9th,1995 at 4:16 PM. baby boyThor was born blue and  my OB was ready to call a stillbirth when Thor let out a small noise,medical professionals jumped into action.He was 6 pounds,9 ounces and 21 inches long.His APGAR'S were bad and was admitted NICU in serious condition. When he was 3 hours old,we learned Thor had Tetrology Of Fallot,there were 4 defects of his heart.Thor came home when he wa 3 weeks old and turned blue  when crying so we had oxygen " just in case",he was not allowed to cry any length of time  due to "blue spells" At his  5 week cardiologist apointment we learned his main heart artery was getting too narrow and he needed a cardiac cath. This was scheduled for the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. After the procedure Thor started having seizures and test  results showed he had suffered multiple strokes and was 75%  to he left side and 25% to the right. Thor has facial paralysis,right sided weakness,is nonverbal,also has CP,scoliosis and Reynaulds  Syndrome(he turns blue when cold/stressed). Thor wears a back brace and a brace on his right leg so he can walk. Thor loves music, Disney movies,footballamerican football eatingeating,he needs to eat every 2 hours to help him gain and maintain weight.Thor loves spaghetti, pizza,salads,you name it,I think he will eat it.  Thor also loves going to the parkslidegetting ice creamice cream riding his bike,playing on the trampoline,swimming and loves going on the bus for schoolschool bus.thank youfor getting to know my son,our special blessinghappy

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 5:17 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• i have 1. it's birth defect but i think she has some personality problems as well. she is an AMAZINGLY mature girl though.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 5:19 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I don't have any children with disabilities, but I work with adults who do. I am really amazed at some of the parents. It takes a lot of dedication and hard work and strength. I hope if I ever do have a child with special needs that I will be half as strong as some of the parents I've met in the last few months!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 6:52 AM on Jun. 8, 2011