Do you exercise to home videos? who?why?

I use Leslie Sansone,she is a walk instructor ,I cant to high impact activities,I shattered my ankle 4 years ago and heavy impact can cause more damage

RobinChristine

Asked by RobinChristine at 5:21 AM on Jun. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I should. I prefer working out at the Y, which is more fun, allows me to read while I work out (I work out HARD), and gives me a break in the middle of my day. But some days, when the kids are sick and can't go in the childcare, it would be great to have a DVD.

I'd like one I could watch with the kids. Anyone know one like that? No music they couldn't listen to, no offensive talking (ie talking about how you're doing this to look great in a swimsuit, which I'm not), just straight-forward telling you what to do and yet very demanding?
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:08 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yes I use videos, Currently I'm doing Insanity and ChaLean Extreme. But in the past I lost 50 pounds with Leslie's WATP's dvds. So you CAN lose weight and have success with her workouts. I've also done Biggest Loser and Jillian Michaels DVD's. I've just gotten to the point where I felt I graduated from those and wanted to push myself.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Yep. We do this group thing- I guess we call it work out group. And a bunch of women get together and bring their videos- we pick one and we work out. You can get a super good work out in- tons of variety (especially if you hit up the library) and I like the social aspect of it.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 6:07 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• You ought to try Pilates. It might help you. I love Jillian Michaels, but it might be too much impact for you. Have you tried any physical therapy to get your ankle back up and running? It might make a huge difference.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:08 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

Yes,after surgery I had physical therapy,that is how I was able to walk again,I needed surgery and my ankle now has 3plates and 10 pins,thanks for the info,Robin
    RobinChristine

Comment by RobinChristine (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• Leslie Sansone because her workouts are good and low impact.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 8, 2011

• I like the Slim in 6 program!
    KristyB

Answer by KristyB at 9:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2011

• no I go for walks with my family
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2011

• no I go for walks with my family
    I also enjoy this. These are nice whenit is too hot to walk outside,or weather is not cooperating. we live in Ohio
    RobinChristine

Comment by RobinChristine (original poster) at 9:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2011